Unit 5 Reflection

The main problems we faced during this unit were mostly down to time management, unlike the last two units, the time we spent on the project was considerably less due to personal issues and problems we faced while creating the level. This made it so we didn't have the means or time to do character animation like we wanted to and doing things like implementing the character and detailing the level further. Although I think the level looks great and I think given the time we had, we did really well to get it looking the way we did and really capturing the theme and atmosphere we wanted to achieve, I think we could have used lighter assets and particles so that the level would run a lot smoother and I could have avoided the problems with the sequencer and meshes, giving me more time to try and implement our character and maybe even further development on the rabbit NPC we wanted. Although the mesh we found is a good placeholder I think we could work on it.

I am happy to have worked more with the art side of this project as there wasn’t as much to do in terms of function, in the last unit, I really missed out on the side of the design in order to complete the units, so this project really gave me the chance to actually make the level look pretty.

With the future of the level, I would really like to create the full cutscene we intended and get rid of the sequencer, also I would like to try and get the character to work and actually animate her the way we wanted to. With the level, I think there is more ways we could optimise it and make it run better, I also know a few alternate ways to get the fog particles to work without leaving so much strain on the engine so it would run a lot better.

Overall, I think the level turned out really great but I think with more time it could be a lot better and we could make the E3 style trailer we originally intended.

Comments